Find
Notify
Tools

addictive hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted
Anybody heard of these guys http://addictivehunting.com/index.html or used them? I am considering booking a weekend hunt with them. Thanks for any info.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Can't hurt as it's not expensive. Keep us posted!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
They only include one hog. It is $50 a pop after that. I personally don't prefer hog hunts like that.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you factor in the no food or drink supplied, plus the $50/extra hog it really isn't all that cheap.

Personally I don't have a clue how these guys can keep killing that many hogs, week after week, on what they call free range on just 14,000 acres, unless they're adding to the population somehow. Maybe Ok hogs are dumber than Texas hogs, which would certainly figure........ dancing

OTOH, to be serious for a minute, I think $50 for an extra pig is plenty cheap enough. If they've got the pigs a guy could shoot 10 of them for less than $900. I've seen a lot of people spend half that on pig hunts and never fire a shot.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
$50.00 per hog after the intitial outlay isn't much relatively speaking. You need to price what these outfits normally charge folks and 50 bucks is bargain basement.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Seems like an economical hunt if this is what you are looking for. $50 per hog after first one isn't much money. Strikes me as an awful lot of hogs for just 14,000 acres.