Find
Notify
Tools

Nov 30 Big Boar!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
I'm running late posting this, but I'll share anyways!

My sister has never really enjoyed hunting like I have, and at one point in time probably considered it a worthless sport.

On her recent trip back down to Texas, she showed a lot of interest in shooting. I took her down to the property where we had been trying for the past few years to shoot a nice boar. We knew the hogs were out there but never saw a quality hog in day light.

After corning a prospective place in August we determined this would be a good spot for a feeder.

My Sister took two practice shots out of my Remington 700 SPS in .308 and we decided she was good to go at 100 yards. Previously she had only shot a Ruger 10/22 (about 10 years ago)

We had hunted this feeder since September and knew the pigs were coming in, but didn't have a time. We figured it was mostly at night since our afternoon hunts proved unproductive.

15 minutes before dark, the spotted boar came in and sounded like a horse! To date, this is the largest pig I had seen taken in person.

The 150gr Remington Core Lokt hit the big boar and that was all it took.

If you can't tell, she was very excited lol. I was very proud to have been the one to be with her on her first hunt, first successful hunt, and an excellent trophy. I'm guessing the hog was closer to 250+lb as it weighed more than I do and was a huge task to get in the truck.

I'm having the head European mounted for her, and she is already talking about wanting to shoot a bull elk tu2

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WTG! Congrats!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Way to go Sis!!

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bugle,
Great story and photo as well as a fantastic trophy. Isn't it amazing what a picture can express. It is also enjoyable to fathom what success on a hunt can mean to a person who has not experienced the range of emotions that come with hunting and taking game.
From the picture it would seem that she may have caught the "bug".

Best to you and yours.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post
Wow...what a Beast!

Good job with the new huntress for life...

"A Lone Hunter is the Best Hunter..."

Posts: 426 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great smile and picture!

Bet she is hooked now. High five to you both.

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bugle,

Congratulations to you and your sister on a great boar!

Thanks for passing our traditions along!

Posts: 43 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Pig !! and a happy hunter. What a combo.

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2 tu2

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the comments, I'm pretty sure she is hooked!

Here is another photo to show the teeth off

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
clapCONGRATULATIONS

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Thanks Juan, I am still attempting to get my dad and myself down there at some point to do a Dove hunt with you!

Justin

one of us
Picture of Hawaiian_Hunter
posted Hide Post
WOW... Talk about Beauty and the Beast!
Congrats to your cute sis!

ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM

Posts: 158 | Location: Moku Manu, Hawai'i | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With Quote