Find
Notify
Tools

Cast bullets for hog hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted
I'm thinking about using my Rossi 45 Colt with 300 grain Saeco gas checked bullets. I'll be loading 20 grains of H110, as that is what the rifle likes best with this bullet. The bullets will be wheel weights with a bit of tin, water chilled at casting.
I'm thinking the bullet hardness and velocity should be apropriate but would those with experience please give me the benefit of your expertise.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ark, have been use cast for years on hogs down in NC, sounds like it should work well, you didn't say but are you useing gas checks?

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Dave James
Yes this mold is the Saeco 300 grain gas checked bullet. I originally got it to use in a 45 Colt Anaconda, works great in both.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where are you planning on hunting? I'm planning on a hunt in SC sometime in the near future.

Posts: 183 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, the "West Was Won" with cast bullets! I have to laugh everytime I see some ask if they will work? 10,000,000 dead buffalo can't all be wrong. [Smile]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
cast's work great for hogs... just make em HARD

jeffe

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
JD HHI 6092
I'm going down to the Bostick Plantation sometime after the first of the year.
Jim