New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feral Hog buyers needed!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Will be trapping hogs soon @ Glen Rose, TX. I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex

Buddy Roberts

Posts: 183 | Location: Bedford, Texas | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
how much you asking....i may have interested freinds and i my self might go for it.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly certain that you have to be a licensed processor to buy feral hogs in Texas. Been that way since a pseudo-rabies outbreak 10 or so years ago.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have family in texas with those permits they would buy them for me basicaly.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The hogs can only be hauled to the processor and they have to be killed there. Can't ship live hogs in or out of Texas.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
When I catch hogs, I sell them to a re-seller in teh town close to the ranch (Panhandle). Every week, a big semi comes around and hauls them to Ft. Worth. I can't remember the name of the company in Ft. Worth though ... ???

Ask around in Glenrose, there ought to be a buyer around there somewhere.

Posts: 6259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
There is someone in the area of my place between Gonzales & Cuero who buys live wild hogs. I can get his name if you want it. The neighbors consider them vermin as they destroyed 30% of their milo crop last year.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking for a private ranch to hunt feral/wild hogs. Bonus: Peccari or vermin

Probably 5 days hunting. Any idea on costs/location/names?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CanadianLefty:
Looking for a private ranch to hunt feral/wild hogs. Bonus: Peccari or vermin

Probably 5 days hunting. Any idea on costs/location/names?

All depends on the amenities and location. I can recommend a few places here in South Texas if that's a good location for you. A typical 24 hour hunt, 4pm 'till 12 noon the next, unlimited hogs is $175 per person, price goes down with more in your party. That's just a basic, do it yourself hog hunt to use as a benchmark; a 5 day hog hunt including food and lodging would be more expensive and possibly unavailable until after deer season, however, the bigger ranches usually have on-site cold storage and processing to meet the needs of folks like yourself.
PM me if you'd like the links to some of the places I can recommend.

Posts: 9 | Location: Live Oak, Texas | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Hearttail ranch is about 45 minutes south of San Antonio and the rates are really resonable. I used to hunt there before it was commercial with great success. The ranch number is 830 393-8362 and the owner/outfitter's name is Kip. Good luck

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Our ranch is in Hood County and we kill everyone we see!!! You might contact Nathan Rains the TPW Biologist for our area(he has been working with us for years)as there are special regulations for feral hogs now. You would not want to have any problems with the law on this.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
What do they sell for per pound?

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote