Notify
Tools

OK first pig
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted
That's a 120 qrt Icechest

Went to Oklahoma this past week and took up an offer from a friend to shoot a few pigs at his deer farm, outside Chickasha OK. Set up on a field and watched the deer and birds , then right at sundown, the wind shifted out of the north and was blowing 15-20 MPH. I guess that shut things down, so we walked back to the cabin and I settled in for the night.

The ranch owner has some feeders set with lights and live video feeds so you can moniter the deer, about 9:45 this guy and a sow with about a dozen piglets came out. I walked back down to their location and put 100 grn bullet from my 257 Roberts into his ear and then lined up three of the piglets and dispatched them as well.

An hour later, I have the meat on ice and ready for the pillow. The next morning I checked all the roads and fields again, but no luck, so I packed up and headed back home.

First blood I have spilled in a while.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. That is the way a pig hunt should go.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice little pig that should eat well. Congrats.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure beats not going don't it?
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Good for you George ! Thanks for posting and good eating !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote