Find
Notify
Tools

Tred Barta Knife Hunting Pigs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted
Did anybody see Tred Barta do a Texas pig hunt with a knife and dogs (aired on OLN Friday night here on the west coast)?

He is a bit over dramatic and silly, and the first pig he went after he ran away from with his knife flailing about. But, he admitted his sloppy technique and did better on the next two.

I enjoyed watching the hunt and hearing his hunting philosophy at the end of the show.

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The only thing I thought about at the end of the show is that I feel that way when I shoot; why is stabbing any different? I guess for some it is more emotional to be that close. For me the consequence is the same, regardless.

That said, I enjoyed the piece.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He's a bit obnoxious but he finally managed to do it right.Of course when you do it right death is very fast and safer for him and the dogs.It looked like he used the Camillus bowie designed by Fisk.

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
He's a little full of himself and pretty annoying most of the time, but that clip made me want to chase hogs with a knife.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I am becoming a fan of treds.I agree with him alot.I would rather watch him than some a hole in a tailored parka telling me how great his camo clothes are, and how they are the reason he was able to bag the big buck at the game farm.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote