New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pigs make the evening news
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just watching the evening news here is Dallas. There was a clip on the wild pig issue in Texas. SOMETHING HAS GOT TO BE DONE! No Kidding? The blurb said there are an estimated 2,000,000 wild pigs in Texas.
If this is true, they will exceed our deer population in the next 6 months.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
That 2 million number dates to 2004. The estimate is currently 3+ million. Texas is estimated to have half of all the nations feral hogs.

Lots of pork to hunt......

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately there were none under my tree stand Sat. evening. I tried to do my part archer.

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me and my buddies CamomanJ and Jeffeosso hope that there will be lots of pigs roaming this coming weekend. We have a Tactical Hog Control hunt saturday night. I am looking forward to using the high tech equipment again. Hopefully we get a massacre!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
Me and my buddies CamomanJ and Jeffeosso hope that there will be lots of pigs roaming this coming weekend. We have a Tactical Hog Control hunt saturday night. I am looking forward to using the high tech equipment again. Hopefully we get a massacre!

Excellent! Keep us posted, and good luck!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
You guys should start doing driven hunts.

Get a few lads together, put half of them on elevated stands across a natural funnel shooting in the opposite direction to the others, on quad bikes, who are driving the pigs towards them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...CcRE&feature=related

If you guys need a Jagermeister I know just the chap!

(Gerry where are you buddy?)

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:

Get a few lads together, put half of them on elevated stands across a natural funnel shooting in the opposite direction to the others, on quad bikes, who are driving the pigs towards them.

I've tried that and was unsuccessful. I think American hogs are just smarter than their European cousins.

Just kidding! dancing

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think American hogs are just smarter than their European cousins.

I'll accept that Challenge ..... and I know a handful of keen, expert Hunters who will agree.

Don't go "Off The Air" on this one Guys .....

First of all you've made the News in "The Fatherland". Texas now has the same issue we're confronted with - lots of Porkers butr somehow they manage to escape our wrath (bullets) .

It's been festering in my mind for some time now since I've been reading this ..... but

Someone in Texas get us an invite to wallop Piggies; we'll bring a "European Team" (sorta like Creadmoor in years past) although from the Get-Go it's gonna be tuf (tough) to beat THC (Tactical Hog Control's eforts) .... but

We'll do a turn around - Texas for Europe invite.

So we come to Tex-ass and smack some Porkers and then we'll invite the hosting Texas Team to Europe (The Fatherland) to do likewise.

Rules:

1. No Trophy Fees,
2. Keep it above board, sorta stay & eat cheap (airline tickets ain't cheap); we obviously can't bring alot of equipment w/us no like 4x4's and Porker Feeders.
3. We do the same for your Team on a returen "Match".

Find some poor Peanut Farmer who wants to have some Hogs shot and we'll show up (w/o Moderators=Silencers).

The Gaunlet has been Thrown ..... Takers?

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:

I've tried that and was unsuccessful. I think American hogs are just smarter than their European cousins.

Just kidding! dancing

dancing

I told you you'd be sorry when Gerry, in this context my 6 foot 8, 300 pound rugby playing older brother, showed up! hilbily

As far as I'm concerned this is well and truly on, I can offer the six species of deer we have in the UK as well as a bit of wingshooting if anyone fancies it.

Come on now lads, USA -vs- Europe the beginning.....

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry:
quote:

I'll accept that Challenge ..... and I know a handful of keen, expert Hunters who will agree.

Don't go "Off The Air" on this one Guys .....

First of all you've made the News in "The Fatherland". Texas now has the same issue we're confronted with - lots of Porkers butr somehow they manage to escape our wrath (bullets) .

It's been festering in my mind for some time now since I've been reading this ..... but

Someone in Texas get us an invite to wallop Piggies; we'll bring a "European Team" (sorta like Creadmoor in years past) although from the Get-Go it's gonna be tuf (tough) to beat THC (Tactical Hog Control's eforts) .... but

We'll do a turn around - Texas for Europe invite.

So we come to Tex-ass and smack some Porkers and then we'll invite the hosting Texas Team to Europe (The Fatherland) to do likewise.

Rules:

1. No Trophy Fees,
2. Keep it above board, sorta stay & eat cheap (airline tickets ain't cheap); we obviously can't bring alot of equipment w/us no like 4x4's and Porker Feeders.
3. We do the same for your Team on a returen "Match".

Find some poor Peanut Farmer who wants to have some Hogs shot and we'll show up (w/o Moderators=Silencers).

The Gaunlet has been Thrown ..... Takers?

Danke Jaegermeister, wählen Sie mich!!

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Texas? Why Texas? We'll do a real southern hunt in the summertime, when the temperatures are well over 100-degrees (that's Fahrenheit for my European friends Big Grin) and the humidity is at 95%, and the mosquitoes are flying formations looking for blood. We'll hunt them all day, sweat our backsides off, suffer heat stroke and exhaustion, and we won't see a single pig. Then, when we are too tired to get back on our feet, and night falls, the pigs will come out of their beds -- see? They are smart! jumping

Semper Fidelis

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I told you you'd be sorry when Gerry, in this context my 6 foot 8, 300 pound rugby playing older brother, showed up!Big Grin

For Christ's sake, Amir ..... ,

O.K. 280 lbs. - I just drank 8 cases of Beer this weekend instead of 12. Sorta like a forced diet.

I chucked a whole mouthful of Port all over the keyboard!

I'm still laughing ..... do you know how hard it is to clean those purple spots off a grey IBM keyboard and a leather blotter?

Hopefully, something will come of the "The Challenge" ..... perhaps it's Sunspots - haven't heard a response yet?

patriot

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the humidity is at 95%, and the mosquitoes are flying formations looking for blood. We'll hunt them all day, sweat our backsides off, suffer heat stroke and exhaustion, and we won't see a single pig. Then, when we are too tired to get back on our feet, and night falls, the pigs will come out of their beds -- see? They are smart!

JW,

Book a week over a Full Moon in Va-gin-ya - we do it at NIGHT.

I ain't scared no Blood Suckers - you haven't hunted Scotland in May yet - the F+++++g Midges will make you run outa the woods.

Cheers,

Number 10

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
No hunting at night here -- but we can in North Carolina. I've been all over southeast Asia and I too fear not the blood-suckers!

Semper Fidelis

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, it is just their accent that makes you think they are smarter. Big Grin

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
quote:

No, it is just their accent that makes you think they are smarter. Big Grin

A fart is a fart in any dialect! Big Grin

Come on Wendell, what say you of the challange mooted here?

You guys hunt our pigs, we hunt yours.

Now then, who wants a gold medal Muntjac? stir

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Would love to head to Deutchland, just isn't going to happen in the near future. That said, I would be glad to host y'all here for a hunt......

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
Now this is sounding like fun!

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote