Find
Notify
Tools

Berger Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted
Anyone smoke some porkers with Berger bullets? I'm thinking about hunting with them this year in my 7mm-08.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes and no.

I have an old Remington Sendero rechambered to 7STW. I tried the 168 gr. VLD's in it. I got better accuracy out of the 140 gr. Accubonds. Being somewhat anal about accuracy, I went with the Accubonds. Additionally, I've had such good luck with the Accubonds at almost 1/2 the price that there has not been much incentive to switch.

Also, most of the VLD's are heavy for caliber/longer and require a faster twist than many of my commercially twisted rifles.

I have a gunsmith friend that is also a long range shooter. He swears by the Bergers for killing game. Course he does this at 500+ yds. I don't even think that far ahead, much less shoot.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
Accubonds at 1/2 price of Bergers? You must have raided Shooter's Pro Shop. Smiler

I know you are a member of the white tip fan club. Accubonds are great bullets, act like partitions but have a higher BC and usually better accuracy.

I bet Bobby T has smoked some hogs with Bergers in one his Bulberries.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
Shot several of hogs with .284 140 grn Berger bullets .

Shot ranged from 40 yds to 350yds. I think they are a great hunting bullet.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote