Find
Notify
Tools

Where in Northern CA to hunt pigs?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted
I am in the Bay Area and wanted to see if any California Pig hunters knew of a good spot nearby to hunt some pigs on public land. If you could be as specific as possible that would help. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted a few times for pigs on public land, but the many times and many hunters that tried, we were never had any luck. Better than 90% of the pigs in Calf are taken on private land.

I joined a hunting club a few years back and have had margianl success, 1 a year average, but there are also some ranches where you can get a guided hunt.

Two years ago my friend and I hunted Twisselman Ranch, north of the 58 in San Luis Obispo county. About 120,000 acres. We both took pigs, and there were plenty there. Cost was about $500.

You could try Ft Hunter Ligget, but sucess there is also not that good.

I hope this helps.

Snyder

Posts: 61 | Location: Fallbrook, Ca | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to post a number for Twisselman Ranch, Rich Heyl 805-469-2207. When I went there cabins were available at no cost.

Snyder

Posts: 61 | Location: Fallbrook, Ca | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I think I will try to join one of the hunting clubs in CA with access to lots of private land.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try this hog forum, lots of CA folks there. Many threads on NoCal hog hunts

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/index.php?showforum=16

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote