Find
Notify
Tools

public land hog hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of splinterhands
posted
I am looking to do some late spring, early summer hog hunting. I live in West Virginia but would be willing to drive a good ways to hunt pigs this year. Any ideas on where to go for public land, over the counter license, do it yourself pig hunts? Confused John

"I'm smiling because they haven't found the bodies."

Posts: 1081 | Location: Pearisburg Virginia | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.ronsguideservice.com/boar.htm

We were talking about this outfit a few weeks ago. I plan on using them in the future. You do not need a license in the State of Florida to hunt Hogs. It might be a break even affair not having to buy a license.

If you fly, you can take Southwest into Orlando or West Palm and drive down. Otherwise it is going to be a haul to lake Okachobee.

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BE VERY CAREFUL with "Rons guide service"!!!
In my personal experience....it is a complete sham operation. e-mail me or call me (352) 367-1466 for details.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Conifer,

Sounds like you know the guides in the area. Have you ever hunted on the Lightsey Cattle Company's place. They are located in Lake Wells.

Thanks again for saving me the aggravation with the other place.

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope....sorry...I have NO info on them. There ARE "recommended" places....I think near Perry, Florida ...and also a place called "Carters Pasture"...though I don't know these operations personally

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty much like the other folks responded in other words, the seasons for hunting pigs on public land for a DIY hunt will be closed. As far as FLA goes, your only choices are go DIY door to door for a private land hunt, or pay an outfitter. There are a bunch down here, but you are not looking for an outfitter. If you are, I have a couple sites saved up and you can do some internet research. Your prices will range from $100 a pig to $750 a pig not including guide fees.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote