New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lehigh Defense Controlled Chaos bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My problem feral hog control area is in an HOA next to a large lake and in a neighborhood. I really need quick results and no exits as I am shooting between ritzy houses with large yards. So I decided to try out some of the Controlled Chaos 85 grain bullets in my 257 Roberts. Will have to wait a bit for testing though. Opening day of gun season seems to drive the hogs and deer into this community but my bullets haven't arrived yet. Darn.

Posts: 2435 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 29 July 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nosler Ballistic Tips placed in the ear hole, atlas joint, or both lungs will kill with little likelihood of exit.

Are you shooting suppressed?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No not shooting suppressed. I would have to pass up many shots if all I could shoot at was the head and hunting after dark doesn't always allow for super precise placement. I got these bullets at a very reasonable price and hope the hype is somewhere near the truth. I have used the various Ballistic Tips in 6MM and with some shots they are excellent, others not so much. I would be shooting suppressed but the HOA president doesn't want me sneaking around in the dark with an AR, says it looks bad!

Posts: 2435 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 29 July 2010Reply With Quote