Find
Notify
Tools

Little Guys
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Folks!

I'd like to share a picture that some friends of mine took about this time last week. About the time they snapped this picture it was 70° in Texas and 15° below zero here in Jackson. Man I've got to find a way to tag along one of these days. Smiler

It was the youngster's first trip to Texas and he couldn't have been any happier. The family was able to able to kill six of the little buggers while they were there. The two javelinas pictured below were called in using a dying rabbit call. My friends had watched a video showing a guy using this technique... with a twist. It turns out you couldn't just post yourself somewhere, call for a while, and get any results. However, if you spotted the little guys darting into the brush and started squealing for all you were worth, the porkers would come flying out of the brush towards the callers providing some exciting close range shooting opportunities.

I also included a close up of a set of choppers on a particularly old male.

A good time was had by all and I'd like to thank Bob in Tx for helping to get the ball rolling last year; for my friends to get the heck out of the snow for a few days and enjoy some time in the great state of Texas.

Good luck and good hunting to you all!

To my friends here, who haven't heard from me in a while, all is well. You folks take care and Bobby Tomek, you and your kids are in my prayers.

Posts: 318 | Location: Jackson, Wyoming | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hnts4fun,

Excellent post. tu2

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now those are some nice javalina!

I'll have to try the wounded rabbit call the next time i see one.

Posts: 124 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With Quote