New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Saga Continues
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Left at 6 m and went out to the wheat fields to see if anything had come back and sure enough we could see one on the edge of the field.We stopped at the point of brush and let out Trouble, Juice, and another blackmouth pup that belongs to my hunting pard. It wasn't long until we had a good bay and we let the catch dogs out and caught a small boar.Lead the catch dogs back to the truck and loaded them.The three curs gad rolled out and were bayed again close to where we had killed the first one so we let the catch dogs out and we caught the pig on the right in the picture not 10 yards from the first one.Same thing again we loaded the catch dogs and the curs were bayed again farther down the brush line.Let out catch dogs and we caught the pig on the right in the picture.Loaded them again along with the two young curs and sure enough Trouble had found another one and he was headed out toward the county road so we got ahead of them and Trouble had him bayed on the edge of the brush. Let out the rest of the curs and he broke back toward the water hole.Wasn't long until they were bayed out in the middle of the water. Let catch dogs out again and caught him in the water.All in all we let the first dogs out at 6:30 and 4 boars later at 8 am we left the farm.

Posts: 157 | Location: Pearsall, Tex. | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those ol' boys have some pretty good tushes. By 8 AM here in Pearland you could tell it was going to be a hot one, with lots of humidity. Sounds like you got it done before the jackrabbits were carrying canteens.
Good stuff.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could have hunted until around 10 am it was cloudy with a good breeze, but I was tired after all the excitement. Trying to get the population dowm before they plant peanuts in the field next to the brush in a couple of weeks.

Posts: 157 | Location: Pearsall, Tex. | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duckman:
Trying to get the population dowm before they plant peanuts in the field next to the brush in a couple of weeks.

Good luck on that. A sounder of porkers can wreck havoc on a planted field.
They used to range through the yard at our farmhouse, near Cut N Shoot. We had a beautiful stand of St. Augustine. It would like a bombing range.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have caught 9 there in the last 2 months.I used to hunt some at a grass farm near San Antonio until the neighbors complained and they net wired the farm.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Nice work again, duckman! Congrats! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you're getting some results for the time & effort put in after the piggies.
What did you do with these 9?
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The boars I left for the critters and the sows I gave to the land owners.