New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold 2.5X20 Compact - HELP!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm mounting a 2.5X20 Luepold compact on a Ruger RSM. The scope is almost too small to fit on the rifle. I'm afraid to tighten the rings for fear of breaking the objective lens.

With the scope as far forward as possible, the "gold ring" just clears the fron ring. Does anyone have experience with a set up like mine?

Never follow a bad move with a stupid move.

Posts: 217 | Location: Clute, TX USA | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, a common problem with the little 2.5 compact and a long action. It is a real shame that Leupold refuses to produce its M8 3X from a few years ago. It had a more forgiving eye placement and similar FOV to the 2.5 Compact, plus it was long enough to mount on longer actions.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek forgot to mention the fix. If those off set mounts get in the way of loading, the hotshots on the Africa Hunting Forum put goop that will set, like silastic in the front ring and just nip it up gently.
Aparently it stays put and you can trim the dried excess off with a sharp blade.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote