Notify
Tools

Leupold Custom shop?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
Anyone bought a custom optic from them?

A friend of mine is considering it, and I know Leupold has a hell of a warranty.

What's the skinny?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
Have not "bought" from them but did have a scope customized by the. Sent them a new VX3 4.5-14x40 and they basically turned it into a MK4 4.5-14x40 by adding the M1 turrets and mildot reticle.

Great turn-a-round time.

Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought a 1.5 X 5 VX3 direct from them with a special reticle. It was cheaper than buying one locally and sending it to them for the change. They delivered it ahead of schedule.
Always been good people to work with. They want to earn your business.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had custom reticles (matching my trajectory) installed on a couple of VX-3 4.5-14x40 (I think it was). No reason to complain about the service or the work.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been considering ordering a scope with some of the little custom goodies like your name, intials, and/or engraving of your favorite game animal. It appears that their prices are fairly reasonable for custom-ordered products.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote