Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valdada optics
 Login/Join

posted
are these scopes as good as some people say?

Posts: 21 | Location: uk | Registered: 14 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 4-14 X 50 illuminated reticle, and I like it fine. The glass now is schott glass and they are under the wing of Zeiss, so it is all good news really. This photograph does not do the optic quality justice, but it gives you an idea. It is set on 10 X magnification and the range is 8-900 yards.

John

www.kosaa.co.uk

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Posts: 275 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alshooter:
are these scopes as good as some people say?

I do not own one, but they are top quality without any doubt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ColdBore 1.0 - the ballistics/reloading software solution
http://www.patagoniaballistics.com

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A year or so ago I came across a good deal on an IOR Valdada fixed 4X. Good scope for the money. No complaints. I'd buy it again.

I then pulled a Weaver Grand Slam fixed 4.75X out of the safe, put the two side by side...

The Valdada now sits on a buddy's .308 and I went out and picked up another Grand Slam Wink

Posts: 173 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
alshooter
should you buy one don't bother with the illuminated reticule,total waste of time "too bright" even on the lowest setting.
As for the clarity,they are certainly on a par with the othet top european scopes.

regards
griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
I had a IOR scope a few years back. Great optics for a moderate price!

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just put a Valdada 6x24x50 on my 300 Win Mag. Optics look great. Haven't sighted it yet

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
I had a 4x32 mounted on my 45/70 (done some 200 shots and replaced it) and a 10X50 bino ...

They are outstanding opics for the price, my binos are quite bulky but virtually unbreakable and, as said, its definition is just great ...

I had to replace the scope because that specific model was marginal for the use I need it for (mainly some 100 yards night shots at wild boars, now using a S&B 6X42, german reticle), so I mounted it on my 416 RM (just perfect so far, since I don`t use this rifle for middle range night hunts)

If you decide to buy any IOR optic, do not buy it directly at Valdada since they are much better prices out there (I bought my binos at Quality Optics - Jim Malloney, great guy - and my scope at SWFA... and I do not live in the States neither, but - believe it or not - they had MUCH better prices than IOR in Romania itself)

They are not absolutely the best optics out there, but indeed they are VERY good optics, certainly the best at that price range ...

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote