New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold 1.5-6X Premier Scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Leupold 1.5-6X Premier scope that I used on a .338-.378 Weatherby for a moose hunt. Since then I had the gun re-barreled with a heavy barrel and re-scoped it with a 4.5-14X scope and now use it for long range deer hunting. It was a very expensive scope when I bought it. I think it's about the same as Leupold's current 1.5-6X VX-7 which costs about $1300. However, I think the older premier model is probably much better in low-light conditions as it has a 42mm front lense instead of only a 24mm front lense like on the newer model. Anyway, I don't really need it anymore and as used Leupolds generally sell for fairly high prices I am thinking this scope may be worth quite a bit if sold on Ebay. Any idea what it would sell for?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If in good shape it will bring between $600 and $700 on e-bay.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just sold one to a friend for 600 that was the price he offered me and I said yes.

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, but I was hoping to hear larger dollar number. Guess I will just keep it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brand new I paid $899 for mine.

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't have a problem getting good money for it. The LPS scopes are still a bit of a collector's item from what I've seen. Most of the ones I see for sale are the 2.5-10 variety. Decent scopes from the ones I've looked through.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info. I am having a couple new barrels made up for my Thompson Center TCR-87's. One will be in 6MM-06 and for it I will probably get a 3-9X Leupold VXII. The other will probably be either a .338 Win or a .375 H&H. I am leaning toward the .375 H&H. I was thinking of a 1.5-4X Leupold VXII for the big bore. I can put the 1.5-6X Premier on the big bore, but it seems like a waste to put such an expensive scope on a gun I will may never hunt with, at least for game appropiate for the caliber. On the other had, the $$$ from selling it would probably be enough to buy new scopes of satisfactory quality for both the 6MM-06 and .375 H&H. It's going to be a difficult decision!