THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simmons AETEC 2.8-10X 44MM Illum scope??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any experiences with the Simmons AETEC 2.8-10X 44MM with the Illuminated reticle?

This is in the running to be on a .25WSSM that a friend is building for his wife.

Many thanks,

Sam

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Can't help you with the Ill reticle as I don't care for them, but I will say the 2.8-10x44 is a good scope if one must go cheap. I have 2 simmons(Aetec and a Whitetail Exp) on MLers and neither have ever given a minutes trouble.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
I just put one on a friend's rifle who wanted to go cheap. I was impressed. The scope has a lot going for it: wide field of view, multi-coated lenses, rain guard, side focus for parallax and illuminated reticle. Not too big, installed easy and the click adjustments changed the POI as expected.

The illuminated reticle was easy to adjust from 1 to 12 intensity settings. The only problem I had was when installing the flat battery in the illumination turret the o-ring would twist out of it's channel if you were not real careful with the cap.

Before I got into the more expensive scopes I had a lot of luck with the Simmons Aetecs and several of my friends still use them with no problems on their rifles. My brother got my last Aetec (3.8x12x44) for his 7 mag and I hated to see it go because that was the scope I transferred from rifle to rifle for checking to see if the scope was the problem. Could easily see bullet holes in the downrange targets with it which is more than I can say for most Leupolds I have looked through.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Theres nothing wrong with Simmons Atec Scopes !.
I've got a couple one on my AR 15 Bush Master .

It isn't exactly a high dollar or target scope
don't let my AR know this !. It puts #15 shots into a hole a dime will cover at a 100 yd. and leaves change !.
I'm afraid to change the scope for fear of screwing up one of my very Best shooting .223's !.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote