New
Find
Notify
Tools

schmidt & bender
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
does anybody have a way to contact this company. I have a S&B scope that the front lens fell out of and when i go to their website and go to contact us, it won't let me go anywhere

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butchloc,

Try this page:

http://www.schmidtbender.com/contact_1.shtml

Looks to me like the link you're trying is not active. I found this link by fishing around on their site.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Ouch....and that makes the 2nd S&B in a week that I know of where a lens fell out.

Was yours new?

A guy near Houston put a new S&B on a hard-kicking .257 Roberts and got the same result as you did.

Hopefully they'll take care of both situations quickly and find their weak link in the assembly process.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9374 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW, this is mind boggling.. Having a lens fall out of a scope is something I never dreamed of happening???
Where are these scopes assembled? thumbdown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the PH's at the camp where I hunted in RSA, said he sent his S&B back twice and the thing still malfunctioned. I don't remember his exact problem, but to him it is a piece of junk. His words not mine. All good manufacturers can have a lemon, but after several attempts to have it fixed, he will never buy another one.

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
How the mighty have fallen.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i don't seem to get anybody at S&B to return an email or call

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Everybody used to give me grief for using Swift scopes.
For the money ($200-250 range) the function very well and have an across-the-counter lifetime warranty;
walk in, walk out.

Plus I have never even heard of anyone having a lense fall out...

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
None of my S&B's have ever had problems.

(Mine are all 2000 or earlier production)

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Butchloc,

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having...

You may have tried these already but from their web site:

In the U.S.:
Schmidt & Bender, Inc.
P.O. Box 134
438 Willow Brook Road
Meriden, NH 03770
U.S.A.
(800) 468-3450 toll free
(603) 469-3471 fax
info@schmidtbender.com

For a list of US dealers click here

In Europe:
Schmidt & Bender GmbH & Co. Kg
Am Grossacker 42
D-35444 Biebertal
Germany
+49 64 098 1150 tel
+49 64 098 11511 fax
info@schmidt-bender.de

It may be worth dropping the German email addy a note and, outlining your problem & asking them for the most up to date dealer contact in the US,

Regards,

Peter

BTW which model of S&B is it?

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pete - thanks for the info. this isn't a rifle scope but its a thing call a mayflower. its a 20x telescope that i've had for a good many years, and i don't even know if they make it any more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well i finally heard back from S&B - twice - the first one was from mark who said to send it in to him, the 2nd one was from marcia who said they wouldn't work on it. ?????????? guess i'll send it to mark