New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski AV Rail Mount Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone bought one of these?What is the differance between The AV and the PH besides tube size?Are they as durable?I've bought several of PH model but not the newer AV.What about the rail system it seems very strong.

Thanks in advance.

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rsm458Lott, I haven't obtained a rail mount yet, but I have plenty of AV's as well as several PH's. The AV's are just as good IMO, but lack the first focal plane reticle (which I like the 2nd plane better anyway) and they don't have the 'spring loaded' eyepiece of the PH's, but I set my rifles up where the scope won't hit me regardless of scope design, so I find that an unnecessary feature!

I am a big fan of the AV.

Good shooting--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The PH's also have a different erector spring system that uses coil springs. It's supposedly stronger than the std leaf spring style used in most scopes including the AV's.
I can't really think of anything bad about a rail mount. It should make the scope and the mounting system stronger. My only question would be how adjustable it is for height. I hope to try one one of these days................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote