New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leica Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I treated myself to one of the demos Camera land has in 2.5x10 scope. My initial reaction was positive although the scope is a little boxy and the duplex a little thin for my tastes.
A word of caution: If you are a scope switcher, you will be amazed how easily the finish on the scope is scratched. If you buy one, order a touch up tube from Brownells. Put it on and leave it alone is my advice!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
I have two and will be ordering a third. My eyes just plain like them.

Admittedly, I have them in a #4 and #1 - I'm not really interested in the normal duplex as I agree, most duplex rets are just too thin.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two also, both with #4 reticles. The other night I was setting out in the yard after sundown comparing a Leica, a Swarovski and a Zeiss Conquest. They were all set on 6x. While I could see later with the Leica, the reticle disappeared fairly early.

Which is a pity...if the reticle was about twice as heavy, the 2.5-10x with the #4 could easily be my favorite scope.

Posts: 555 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ongwe:
I have two also, both with #4 reticles. The other night I was setting out in the yard after sundown comparing a Leica, a Swarovski and a Zeiss Conquest. They were all set on 6x. While I could see later with the Leica, the reticle disappeared fairly early.

Which is a pity...if the reticle was about twice as heavy, the 2.5-10x with the #4 could easily be my favorite scope.

Exactly the reason why I ordered a #1 reticle this time around. I too lose the finer #4 reticle in the dark

IMO, a heavy #4 would be the bees knees.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote