Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell Elite 6500 vs. Ziess Conquest
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ingvar J. Kristjansson
posted
How would you compare the new Bushnell Elite 6500 vs. Ziess Conquest ? Better...worse...?

P.s. I have a Ziess Conquest 4.5-14x44 on one of my rifles and I was thinking of replacing it with a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x50...it has greater field of view and higher magnification...but does it match the Zeiss optically ?

Posts: 510 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The better Bushnell scopes are very good. My
problem has always been eye relief on them as compared to other brands. The models with the
partial, and glued on saddle leaves me cold too.

These seems to have been corrected on the 6500 line of scopes. I'd consider them on parr
myself!

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Wait a moment andthen replace it by a Swarovski Z6i

Much better choice!!!

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Bushnell scope had a terrible service after sales record here in South Africa, and also not well marketed - most shops would not stock them for reasons of their own. They are over-priced imho.

Perhaps they have recently improved, but the stigma sticks amongst the people I know. The Lynx scope (proprietory in SA and made in Japan)is perhaps the most popular scope in SA and their pricing is much better.

The Lynx scope may be marketed in Australia as well, but I am not sure.

Any manufacturer of scopes that move away from the 3-9x40 mm 1-inch scope will charge a premium as volumes are less and hunters can get by most of the time with this configuration.

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote