Find
Notify
Tools

buckmasters on a 300 WSM?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello!
I just bought a 3x9x40 buckmasters at wally world for my m70 classic in 300WSM and was wondering how it will hold up to the recoil? thank you

Love
Trashcanman

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Mounted properly, it will do just fine.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9403 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
I asked a similar question on another forum & the general inout was that a Nikon would go belly up on a heavy kicker. .....Not what I wanted to hear since I bought a 2-7x Monarch for my 375HH. I have yet to have range time with it but will let you know if it holds up.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
quote:
I asked a similar question on another forum & the general inout was that a Nikon would go belly up on a heavy kicker. .....Not what I wanted to hear since I bought a 2-7x Monarch for my 375HH. I have yet to have range time with it but will let you know if it holds up.

Never heard that before. I've harldy ever heard of a Nikon failure. Very few if any have been mentioned on this forum. Not saying they are the best and they don't break by any means but, they are very durable and I rank Nikon in the same boat as Leupold(yes, I own many of both). Hear of Leupies failing all of the time simply due to the number of them in use but, their are quite a few Nikons out there as well and you hardly ever hear of a problem.

As to the question, I've had Buckmasters scopes on a couple of mags w/o any problems. I've pushed quite a few 190s down range in a 300WM w/ a BMs and that scope is still zeroed to date.

They are great scopes and can't be matched for the price IMO.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
I have mounted Monarchs on 300 WSM's and 300 win mags and know people that have them on ultramags 300 and 338 with no problems.

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Iron Buck wrote:
quote:
I asked a similar question on another forum & the general inout was that a Nikon would go belly up on a heavy kicker. .

That must have been on a forum where replies must cater to the sponsors. Here, you get the TRUTH.

The Nikons are among the best and most durable scopes out there. I know; I've been using and abusing them for years.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9403 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
Iron Buck wrote:
quote:
I asked a similar question on another forum & the general inout was that a Nikon would go belly up on a heavy kicker. .

That must have been on a forum where replies must cater to the sponsors. Here, you get the TRUTH.

The Nikons are among the best and most durable scopes out there. I know; I've been using and abusing them for years.

I hope that is the case. I bought a 3-9x & 2-7x Monarch from natchez.The 2-7x had to be returned due to some flaws in the finish. I am still waiting for teh replacement. i WANT to use the 2-7x on my 375HH. And I do want it to hold up. After I run a few hundred rounds through it I will let everone know if it does.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I purchased my CZ 375 H&H for my first African trip, everybody screamed LEUPOLD!!!! So I bought one, mounted it with Talley QD rings and thought I was ready to rock and roll. The Leupold failed (bad front optic) after less than 100 rounds. I had a Nikon Buckmaster at home, and since the trip was getting close I mounted it on the rifle. It has been on it since. It has been to South Africa, and Zimbabwe, and Tanzania. It has killed a bunch of plains game, and two cape buffalo. Since I sighted in with 300 gr Swift A-Frames in 2004, I haven't had to do anything to the scope, but clean the lens occasionally and put the crosshairs where I want the bullet to go. Granted it isn't the prettiest scope in the world, but it damned sure has held up for me. This includes hunting hogs at home in Southeast Georgia, and riding around in the gun rack of a safari vehicle in Africa. It is going back with me on another trip to Tanzania in September. Leupold fixed the scope I originally had on the rifle, and I now carry it as a backup for the Nikon just in case something did happen. I have had great results with mine, and I'll bet you will find the same with yours. Good luck, and good hunting.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Reloader wrote:
quote:
They are great scopes and can't be matched for the price IMO.

I couldn't agree more.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 on a 300SAUM Sendero for 3 years and dialing up and down when wanting to absolutely DEVASTATE a varmint with 110 VMAXS or 125TNT's, ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS!! Doing the "D.A.D.(Dial and Dust) repeatedly proved to be no problem with the Nikon. The shelves at my store(just getting it up and running) will be stocked with NIKONS, both Buckmasters and Monarchs and expect few returns! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote