Notify
Tools

Pentax Gameseeker
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted
Anybody have experience with Pentax Gamekeepers

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I had personal experience, but I have read a lot about these scopes.

The reviews give it favorable marks (guessing 3.5-4 stars of 5). I have heard complaints about elevation adjustments changing windage and vise versa. I have also heard that at max magnification things can be a little fuzzy. The 4-12 does not offer AO which is something that I feel is necessary.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently bought one of the 4-12x40s for my .243. Have mounted it but not shot it yet, so I can't comment on the possible adjustment issue. For $69, it is a very impressive scope. Eyerelief is perhaps a tad short, but the quality of the glass is much better than anything I've seen in this price range. I'd call it almost but quite as good as a Nikon Prostaff.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I have one in 4-12x. I have to say I'm not impressed with it. I thought the optical clarity was poor. It was a cheap scope, and I bought it online at a discounted price, so I'm not out much money, but I don't think I would buy it again after having one.

It's sitting on my 17 hmr, and I will eventually trade it out for something else. It's not totally worthless or anything, definitely better than a BSA. I guess it depends on what your expectations are. It's not anywhere close to as good as a Pentax pioneer, or Pentax lightseeker scope.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote