THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Burris stops making 6-24 & 8-32 Sigs, why, rc knows.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris stops making 6-24 & 8-32 Sigs, why, rc knows.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted
Just got off the phone with Josh @ Burris concerning my problem (which hopefully is resolved pending a shoot this week, hoping and praying I can keep this ring/base setup) told me the 6-24 was discountined because Burris was giving out too many free rings to compensate for lack of windage. Though Ill have to say my other 6-24 Sig. doesnt have the issue this current 6-24 has, but the Sig on my VS 223 has a different ring/base setup, which is the typical Burris ext front dovetail and windage adj. rear rings. Now if my new rifle dont shoot to the left any longer i can keep the setup it has now, or ill probably switch to the 4-16 Sig on my 6mm.

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess they got tired of the Mad customers.

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
rc, I got my new rig perfectly bore sighted, thought it was done right back when I mounted the scope in Dec. Apparently I was looking at a different spot than I thought thru the bore. Now do you think my first shot will go left or right when I zero it? if it goes left Im screwed, just under 2moa remaining to go right. Needless to say Im hoping I see a hole to the right of my POA. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me that you still have a base/s to bore alignment problem.
What if you have a load that shoots outside your 2 MOA of adjustment?
Let us know how it goes.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
If it shoots 2 or more moa to the left I'll hsve to swap scopes with my 6mm, that wears a 4-16 Signature. 2" right, that wont be a problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just wrote and lost a huge post that I'm not about to re-do..... Frowner

Send your rifle to Score High Gunsmithing . He does precision scope mounts that I bet nobody else does.

He will center the scope's travel optically for windage and get you the most travel for elevation.

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Thats quite a unit he has there, I use his benchrest followers in 3 of my rifles. Im not going to worry about it too much, hopefully itll zero once i get to the range, Ill let ya'll know.