Find
Notify
Tools

European scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BCHunterfsj
posted
I have a Heinsoldt Wetzlar "Diasta" 4X32 scope with mounts.
Does anyone know anything about this scope?
Is it worth anything??
Thanks!

Posts: 43 | Location: Fort St. John, B.C., Canada | Registered: 16 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I have one, too, and it is one of the best old scopes in my collection, except that it once had claw mounts soldered on to the tube and someone has just cut the bottom off and used Tasco rings instead.

The company was bought by Zeiss before WWII and some of the Hensoldt scopes appear to be identical to Zeiss-branded scopes I have seen, bar the stamps, of course.

I think Nick Stroebel mentions the Diasta in his book but I can't find my copy (and fear the wife has thrown it out to thwart my collecting). The scope I have has reticle-movement and very good blending of the fields. I hear their lens cement lasts better than on some other old German scopes. I think they were made around the 1960s.

I paid about $170 in an ebay auction but I think Stroebel valued them much higher before the GFC.

If you want to change the focus, you may find it is locked by the larger screw on the underside of the ocular housing. Back it off and the eyepiece should turn.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote