New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info Nikko Stirling Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know about or have experience with scopes called Nikko Sterling. Looked at a 1.5-6x42 with german #4 with ill. dot. I don't know what their glass is like. Mostly use at night and some in day. It is a 30mm and 20 oz. A little heavy but not too long. It will go on a NEF 223 if they make 30mm Weaver rings. I'd think they do but haven't found any online. Otherwise would go on Ruger 77 22 hornet. Similar problem with rings. Can't seem to find exactly what I want in one package. Power, recticle, quality, size, fair price. Think I could like the 20oz. Nikko if it's not junk. Never heard of them before. Any one know about them? Thanks

Posts: 47 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which model? Their top of the line Diamond, made in Japan, was a very good middle tier scope, would have no problems putting it on just about anything. Liftime warranty with excellent customer service in Australia. But even that is now made in China. Very well priced here but you have many more options available to you. If you got a Japanese Diamomd model at a good price then go for it but otherwise you can probably do just as well at whatever price point you choose with any number of others brands available to you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes it is the Diamond line. Only $140.00 is what worried me. Problem I'm having is finding low power, fair sized objective, lighted dot or what ever, not too long, and light weight. This meets most of my requirements. I know you get what you pay for. I bought a L.R. Bushnell last year and found the hammer on my Nef's wouldn't clear. I put it on my Contender because it has a lower hammer. Nikko seems to offer more night hunting optics for Australia than U.S. I just don't want any more total junk scopes. I'm trying to upgrade all my scopes with Leupold, Swaro, or Zeiss type quality. Might take a while. They don't seem to offer all I want in one package. I hope I don't have to spend that much for this application. I would if it met requirements. Thanks for your help.!

Posts: 47 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ozzie,
How would you rate the Diamond range for say a 243? Been looking at the 4-12x56 specifically. I've had some bad experiences with the Night eater range and CF's, they fell apart after a few shots! Don't know if that was because they were made in china though...

Posts: 158 | Location: South East England | Registered: 16 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 6 Japanese Diamonds, 2 still in the box and 4 mounted. All 1.5-6, half 1 inch models the others 30mm. Couldn'r resist the pricing when they had them on special a few years ago. One of the 30mm scopes is sitting on top of a 444 Marlin and has not complained about hundreds of heavy loads (as recommended by Beartooth forums). Optically very nice. So a 243 is easy. I can't vouch for the Chinese made ones though and my experience with other Chinese scopes has not been good. Optically they are OK, some better than OK as it seems that getting things optically correct is getting cheaper and easier these days. However the Chinese are WAY behind when it comes to the mechanical aspects of manufacturing a scope. I have no doubt they could do it but then they would not be price competitive.