New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Euro Diamond binoculars 10x42
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
has anyone looked through a pair or bought any of these?,how would you rate them compared to Zeiss Victory series 10x42s. thanks

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
I just happened to look at those Burris the last time I was at Eagle Optics in Middleton. If you get a chance a trip there is well worth it as it is probably the only place where you can compare most offerings. Those Burris are a definite step down from the Zeiss Victory FL 10x42 *T. Indeed for about the same money I'd also consider the Vortex Razor. The Stokes DLS 10x42mm is $560 on sale right now. But it is perhaps because it is not selling well due to its sub par field of view. Otherwise they are nice glass.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I haven't compared them to the Zeiss, but I have looked thru a pair and would have to say find them on sale. At Sportsman's Wharehouse they have lowered the price to below $600. I think they are only a little better than the Signature Select. I will probably be going to Sportsman's today and maybe I will compare them side by side.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jackfish, thank you for that great info,i'll keep that place in mind,good luck hunting this fall ,always enjoy your posts!.

grosventregeorge, thank you also very timely info also,my source price was around 720.00 thats to high,iv'e looked through the zeiss years ago and they are stellar,i'd say the only products too tie the zeiss would be leica,or swarovski,this was wishfull thinking on my part men , but again thank you both and have a great day!.
regards jjmp

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote