New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Zeiss 4x32 & 2-5.5x38 feedback
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone got one of these new Zeiss scope sights?

How do they perform:

Eye relief, image sharpness and true colour, ergonomics etc.

It was good to see a new fixed 4x32 coming out with a good eye relief (advanced specs / publicity) and a useful, low magnification variable, big game scope sight.

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have got two zeiss Davaris 4x32 these are the old 4x made in the 1980 or 1990 s....i think they are the best of the best when it comes to fixed power scopes
one of my friends from sweden mentioned that the new 4x zeiss in not getting such good reviews...need to investigate
the S&B 4x is not a bad scope but is over $1000.00 U.S...but then again quality is cheap in the long run
i compared my 4x zeiss to a current 4x leupold and even in bright day light there is a crispness/sharpness about the zeiss as compared to the leupold....hate to see the diffrence in bad light
the other real big plus the zeiss has over the leupold is the Z PLEX reticle....light years ahead of the flimsy reticle leupold have /offer on there scopes

daniel

Posts: 1487 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I have just mounted a SCHMIDT & BENDER 4X36 steel tubed scope to an old Hesqvarna 9.3x62.
This scope is classic with top class lenses.
Like Zeiss use to be. The Eye relief could be ten mm more though.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen for the feedback.

I like the Leupold scopes for their generous eye relief, rugged construction, light weight and 'water proofness'.

I do not like their screw lock eye piece focussing and the optics are not as good as the top flight German and Austrian scopes.

I have Schmidt & Bender 4x36, 6x42, old Zeiss West German 6x42 and a Gerhardt / Nickel 4x36. The optics are very good, but all of them, except the custom shop offering from Gerhardt I ordered, suffer from fairly low eye relief.

With this in mind, I had hoped the re-issue Zeiss 4x32 and their new offering of 1.8-5.5x38 might marry the best of both.

I hope it is a little early to damn their new scopes, and what we are hearing is the first production run set up problems. Time will tell: they will either improve or they will not sell.

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On 24hrcampfire Jim F reported on his 2.?-8 Conquest.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote