Notify
Tools

Monarch 2-7x32 vs Conquest 2.5-8x32
 Login/Join

posted
Opinions? Experiences?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Zeiss and am very pleased with it.I had a Nikon and around the edges it was distorted.I also have 3X9 Monarchs and they are clear to the edges.Go figure.I say on that power range the Zeiss is better.If you want to up the anty,get the 2 X 7 X 36 Kahles.Far superior to either the other ones!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No experience with the Nikons but I love this model in the Conquests. As a matter of fact I'm going to order another one of the $350 specials from Doug at Camera Land tomorrow.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
My vote goes for the Zeiss; have (4) of them, but not the 2.5-8. I also am considering ordering one from Doug.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want to up the anty,get the 2 X 7 X 36 Kahles.Far superior to either the other ones!!!!

Actually, I'm considering a 3-9x42 Kahles TDS as well.

One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shaunryan:
quote:
If you want to up the anty,get the 2 X 7 X 36 Kahles.Far superior to either the other ones!!!!

Actually, I'm considering a 3-9x42 Kahles TDS as well.

I have never used Nikon scopes, but I do have several Conquests including a 2.5-8 and a Kahles 3-9x42mm. I haven't had the Kahles as long, but I really like it better than my Conquests. I have seen some good deals lately on the Kahles scopes, but they are still not quite as cheap as the Conquests.

Honestly, I don't see where you could go wrong either way.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote