New
Find
Notify
Tools

scope for 500 A2
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello i need a scope for my cz550 500 A2 ,i have a had a kahles 1-6 in talley mts but had problems with it holding zero and scope [30mm] moving in rings .I thought of a Nikon Arican Monarch but when i checked the price it seemed cheap ,would i be wasting my time and money on one ? id like a one inch scope ideally and a one inch objective .Any opinions on vx3 1.5-5 or others cheers and thankyou

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i haven't used the vx 3 on anything as recoil heavy as the 500 a2 but it held up to my 416 rigby no prob and others have used them on some bigger calibers. with a scope sliding, the lighter the scope, the less likely for that to happen

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a problem with my NightForce scope moving. I got a set of Badger rings with three screws per side. I think they called them Max 50 rings. I don't know if they still make them, but once I installed them, no more scope movement issues. They make good stuff, but it ain't cheap (get what you pay for).

Try this link. http://badgerordnance.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This link should get you to the Max 50 rings. http://badgerordnance.com/max-50-scope-rings/

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I use a 2.5x fixed power Leupold compact in Talley QD lever rings on mine. Great scope and ring combination.

Also, I use the heavy duplex reticle, as I never expect to shoot anything with this rifle at much more than 150 yards, if that.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13476 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also had scope movement on my 375 H&H mag. tried a little locktite on rings but same movement problem. Solution for me was to ask a friend to torque the ring screws with an expensive dial torque wrench. problem solved.

Posts: 59 | Location: New England | Registered: 02 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a look at a Leupold F11 2.5 ultra light scope ,its tiny and has a poor field of view for a low powered scope ,i dont what the good of this scope is ?

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote