New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski Z5 or Z6?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
No local dealer around that carries Swarovski scopes. I have looked through a Z5, 3.5-18 with a BRH reticle and it is very nice. So, what is the difference compared to a Z6? Some say that Z6 is the one to buy, why? I even called Swarovski and they said that the Z6 has all the "Bells & Whistles", but what is that other than it does have a 30mm main tube. So, is the Z6 worth the higher price and is there a noticeable difference?

Posts: 156 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Well, the optics are a much higher image quality of the Z6 against Z5 and the zoom range is bigger. Then The Z6 comes with illuminated reticle as well, which is not available at the Z5. Plus Z6i comes with SR-rail mounting option, which is not available at the Z5 either...

So depends on how much quality you want and how much money to spend...

Maybe the Z4i is also an alternative in between...

http://titanium-gunworks.com/s...copes/z4i/index.html

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My all-time favorite scope is the Swarovski 3-10x42mm - a lot of bang for the buck and I have several rifles wearing the early AV-series and the latest Z3. If nothing else were available I wouldn't feel cheated - they're relatively small and ltwt and have wotked great for me.

If I ever decide to return to Africa at least one rifle will wear a Z6i 1.7x 10 - 42

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John Galt
posted Hide Post
Bearhunter,

I have a Z6 1.7-10x42 for sale over in the classifieds, NIB. I have to part ways with it and I'm selling it for a song!

By the way, it has some amazing glass! I have a Z3 and looked through many Z5's when purchasing the Z6, and the Z6 has truly the best glass of them all!

-John