New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold 1.75-6x32 Vari-X III
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wanted to get a Leupold scope with their heavy duplex for my .22 Hornet and ran across the 1.75-6x32 vx-III and was wondering if others use or have used this particular scope and what their thoughts were?

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the finer shooting I think you might want to do with a 22 I'd think the HD would be too thick. I've looked at both in person and don't like the HD over the regular duplex. I'm trying to decide between Regular Duplex and Wide Duplex. studdog

"shoot quick but take your time"

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
I have had the heavy duplex on two scopes, the Leupold VX-II 1-4x20 and the 2-7x33.(The reticle came standard on Leupolds shotgun models). I would not recommend them for anything but close range shooting at large game. In fact I am not likely to ever purchase one in the future. I would think the wide duplex would be a much more appropriate reticle for the Hornet.

one of us
posted Hide Post
i have on on my 416 a nice scope personaly I would put a nice 3x9 on hornet.

Posts: 19379 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What do you plan to use your Hornet for? Poaching deer from the roadside at night? If so, the heavy duplex is appropriate. However, if you plan to use it for small game and varmints, a standard or even fine crosshair is better adapted.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote