Notify
Tools

Leupold Mark 4 Ring hex-nut question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Reiter
posted
Hello guys,

I´m currently importing some items from USA, and this process are quite a bit expensive and time consuming here in my country.

Between another things, I´m getting a Leupold Mark 4 Ring for 1" scope and weaver rail, and I need to know if there´s a dedicated wrench or bit for the hex nut, that clamps the ring in the base mount.

I am not talking about the torx screws that tighten the tops of the ring, I have a set of torx bits for the Magna-tip.

I already have the Magna-Tip Super Set from Bronells, so, if there is any bit compatible, it will be great. If not, any wrench that fits the nut will be nice too.

Living in another country, where the measuring sistem is metric, make it hard to find thing like these. All my gun tools are imported. I´m tired of ruining rings/bases/gun screws because I didn´t have the proper size bit/wrench.

I do not want the Mark 4 Torque-wrench, as I already have another torque wrench, adjustable.

Also, I am getting a TPS ring, the TSR-W model, and I have the same question : wich dedicated wrench for the hex nut at the base of the ring ?

If you could show me a link to where to buy, or the size and name of the bit or wrench I need, I´ll be very thankfull.

Thank you guys very much,

and best regards from Brasil,

Reiter.

Posts: 130 | Location: South America | Registered: 26 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1/2 inch for the Leupold and 7/16 for TPS. Regular wrench will work. Torque to 65 inch/lbs on steel rings. The Tps are probably alum and Id go only about 20.

NRA life member,Colt Armoror

Posts: 33 | Location: NY | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote