New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need fast help scoping Win 70 375 H&H
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I might have an opportunity to hunt water buffalo next weekend. I have a unscoped LH Win 70 in 375 H&H and want to scope it with a Zeiss 3-9 x 40 I have laying around.

What rings and bases can I find quickly? I'd like quick detach rings if possible. What ring height is needed for the intended scope? I also don't want the bases to overhang the ejection port if at all possible.

Quick help appreciated. Not much time to get the bases/rings and a trip to the range.

Posts: 506 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a trip to either Leupold's or Talley's web sites and your questions abour height will soon be answered.
Leupold bases and rings can be easily found locally. Talley's are usually in all the better stores but they can be shipped within a day or two.
Warnes are also easy to find.

Posts: 73 | Location: SW Pa | Registered: 14 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talleys quick detach is what I have on my mod 70s give midway or brownells a call they will help you with the right height

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will need medium height to clear the bolt knob adequately. Lows will work but the clearance is too small if you need to cycle the bolt quickly.
If you call Talley direct and talk to Gary Carter, you will have mounts and rings overnight.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote