New
Find
Notify
Tools

SWarovski binoculars ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
yesterday I hunted squirrels with a friend and he loaned me a set of swaro 10x probably 30mm binoculars. they were spectacular for searching for squirrels hidden in trees. he said binocs were 15 to 20 yrs old and cost over 2000 dollars. question is does anyone know of a more affordable binocular that would be very good for this type glassing? probably needs to be center focus.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Affordable has different value to different people. What price range are you looking for?

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3699 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you like the Swarovski Binos my suggestion is to search for a good used, traded or ex demo set. Often such binos are offered at very reasonable pricing. Doug on here advertises such from time to time. I have done this myself to obtain Swaro Binos at much less than new price. Honestly I found zero difference in optical quality I guess due to Swarovski's high manufacturing standards. Sometimes the bino body looks less than new but what does that matter if the glass is still 100% ?

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2089 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good timing, lol
We have an as new open box Swarovski 10x42 EL Swarovsion at the moment for $2,249.99

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3699 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Doug, let me figure what that brings my price per squirrel to and i'll get back to you.

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gr8fuldoug:
Good timing, lol
We have an as new open box Swarovski 10x42 EL Swarovsion at the moment for $2,249.99

Great timing indeed, I have been agonizing over various binos (Zeiss, Leica, Swaro). Had eliminated Leica due to eye relief. I just bought the one you linked, but seems more still available.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have another one available at this time.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
While I primarily use Swarovski binoculars while guiding, my backup set are Leupold Yosemite 6x30 , which are priced under $100.
They give up very little in resolution and brightness and can be had in 8 x30 if you prefer.

My family has 3 or four sets and they have held up well under wet Alaskan conditions.
You get 95% of the quality for 5% of the price.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4203 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Zeiss rubber armored 10 X 40 that i bought in Germany many years ago have provided good service for me. If still available they are around half the price of the Swarovsky units you mentioned.

My hunting partner's wife called me to ask what binoculars she should buy for him as a gift and I recommended Swarovsky. He is happy with them and they are optically excellent.

As noted - buying 'previously owned' is a good option. There are websites that offer used optics for good prices... Google them up and have a look before you buy. You might end up with some really good glass at a reasonable price.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used Swaro
KOWA bd!!!
Pentax DCF

Posts: 154 | Location: N. Texas | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks to everyone for the replies

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sold 2 pair of Swarovski binos last year. They were great binos but they were getting some age on them and I felt that with current technology there were much less expensive binos that were 95% as good as the swaros.

I replaced them with the Meopta Optik binos for around $300 a pair. Hunted with them this winter and they are great.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To get good reviews on optics check out the birder sites. These guys are serious about their optics.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep I buy used I picked up a pair of Swaro
For 900$
Check all hunting sites classified

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote