Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell Laser Rangefinder Rifle Scope?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted
I'm looking at the Bushnell Laser Rangefinder Rifle Scopes as an option on a 338 win mag. Has anyone had any experience with it -or Rangefinder Rifle Scopes in general. I think it's a great concept, but I'm concerned with the marriage of technology and optic ability at this stage! Thanks Johan

Posts: 160 | Location: Johannesburg- South Africa | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
They are quite bulky.

I would question the durability over a long period of time. A scope is one thing but, incorporating electronic laser rfer into it is asking for trouble over the long haul.

What is Bushnell offering as far as a warranty on the electronic part of the scope.

I'll also say that I haven't had great luck with their hand held LRFs.

All things I would strongly consider.

IMO, grabing my pocket size Nikon Monarch LRF is quite simple....

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted Hide Post
Anyone ells? I've got a very good deal waiting -don't want to loose it if it is the right thing to go for! Half price promotion.

J

Posts: 160 | Location: Johannesburg- South Africa | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johanv:
I'm looking at the Bushnell Laser Rangefinder Rifle Scopes as an option on a 338 win mag. Has anyone had any experience with it -or Rangefinder Rifle Scopes in general. I think it's a great concept, but I'm concerned with the marriage of technology and optic ability at this stage! Thanks Johan

Posted a few months ago, hopefully someone would have some experience with it by now!
Cheers Johan

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting until a scope is available with cell phone, camera, gameboy, Ipod, Blackberry, and GPS built in. It seems such a waste to use a scope merely for an optical sighting instrument.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not have much confidence in Bushnell Rangefinders.I have had bad experiences with their reliability.They only have a 1 YR warranty.I guess I would consider them a one hunt throwaway.Their Elite series Scopes seem to be of high quality,I dont know why their Rangefinders are not better. Frowner

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I am all for technology, but I like my scopes as compact and simple as possible - many of my rifles still wear fixed power scopes. I don't even care for illuminated reticles.

I find the Bushnell rangefinder scope to be rather balky for my tastes. I can't comment on reliability, but there is definitely more that can go tits up and batteries to go dead. Not my cup of tea. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm waiting until a scope is available with cell phone, camera, gameboy, Ipod, Blackberry, and GPS built in. It seems such a waste to use a scope merely for an optical sighting instrument.

rotflmo

My Bushnell rangefinder just inexplicably quit working one day. Didn't drop it or anything else. It just stopped working and started rattling. It worked probably much better than I should have expected it to before then. IIRC correctly Bushnell's warranty was only 1 year.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote