Find
Notify
Tools

Which one?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of quarterbore
posted
I've got a little Rossi 243 youth model and I'm looking for a scope to put on it. My first choice would be a Nikon 2-8x32 with BDC retical but they seem really hard to find. Another choice would be a Burris Timberline in about the same power. The third would be a Leupold VX-3 2.5-8X36. They all seem to be about the right size for the little rifle. I can't seem to find any that I can look through, nor can I find enough information on all three to really compare them. Does any of you know enough about the three to help me?

Posts: 136 | Location: Southern Utah | Registered: 22 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can almost never go wrong using a Leupold.....they are good ,clear,durable scopes and the company is user friendly......I have several Nikon pro camera bodies and lens and they are great....but would pick Leupold for a gun scope.....Burris is a good scope but seems to have more quality control issues than Leupold.....currently have 14 Leupold scopes and when a problem showed up with some of the ones I traded for used.....Leupold took care of the problem and no hoops to jump thru.....hth...good luck and good shooting!!!

bigdaddytacp

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of quarterbore
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply.
I have Nikon on all of my other guns and never have had a problem. I have only had good luck with their costomer service. Once I had a pair of compact binos that one of the eye piece cups had come off of. They didn't make that particular pair of binos anymore so they sent me the next model for free. So, it's down to Nikon and Leupold.

Posts: 136 | Location: Southern Utah | Registered: 22 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recommend the fixed Leupold 4x for your application. I don't know what Leupold calls them, FX 4 me thinks.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote