Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell 4200 vs leupold vx-111
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bc300winguy
posted
I,ve used bushnell all my life and I've been happy so far. I have a 4200 on my 300 winny it's great but I'm buying a t3 in270 wsm and I'm thinking about trying a Leupold vx-111. It's more money but not alot. What's your thoughts????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The VXIII line, in general, have larger eye boxes, longer eye relief and are lighter in weight than the Elite 4200 scopes. E

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have both scopes and much perfer the Elite to the VX3. The Elite (4200) has better glass, is more durable and has a non-growing eye relief.

one of us
Picture of Esldude
posted Hide Post
The Elite is a touch better than the VXIII. The VXIII has more eye relief at least at lower powers.

Both are very good scopes. But I don't know if your money gets you anything other than resale value and the excellent customer service.

Posts: 852 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would stick with the Elite, Lupy overpriced for the quality.

Posts: 439 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
The Elite 4200 provides far better glass and coatings than the Leupold scopes.

As far as the rest of the comparison they're fairly equal but then glass seems to be almost always the defining factor in a quality scope comparison doesn't it?

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elites test at about 92%. Leupolds test that high or higher. That's because they and Zeiss do a better job of painting and baffeling the inside of the scope against stray light. E

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oheremicus:
Elites test at about 92%. Leupolds test that high or higher. That's because they and Zeiss do a better job of painting and baffeling the inside of the scope against stray light. E

Yes that is what the 3200's test at. 4200's test at 95% and are noticeably sharper than a comparable VX3.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew the 4200's were good but wow! I'm starting to rethink my choices for a varmit scope.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote