Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski Range Finder
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted
Compared a Swarovski Range Finder with the new CRF Leica. I thought the Swarovski optics were better and I liked the screw in eye piece compared to the Leica fold down cup.

The Swarovski Seemed to be slower to give the a distance read out. The Swarovski reticle and read out were amber in color and seemed rather dull, not easy to read against background. While easier to read, the Leica reticle and distance readout were rather bright.

Would like some comments from those who have used these units Smiler

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
Compared a Swarovski Range Finder with the new CRF Leica. I thought the Swarovski optics were better and I liked the screw in eye piece compared to the Leica fold down cup.

The Swarovski Seemed to be slower to give the a distance read out. The Swarovski reticle and read out were amber in color and seemed rather dull, not easy to read against background. While easier to read, the Leica reticle and distance readout were rather bright.

Would like some comments from those who have used these units Smiler

I have owned both and compared them side by side quite extensively. The Swaro will out range the Leica by a considerable margin and will aquire readings under less than Ideal conditions when the Leica will will not aquire a reading ( bright sun light in a desert back ground) Many times under adverse conditions the Lieca would not aquire a reading past 600 yards and the Swaro would aquire a reading out to 1000 yards and beyound under the exact conditions

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote