Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anybody Dealt with the Samplelist??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear All,

Have any of you done business with the www.samplelist.com?? I have looked at their optics for quite a while, but I have never actually done business with them.

How is their service?? Do they accept credit cards when you call them up?? Fast, reliable shipping?? It is a bit funny they only seem to do business via the phone - although some Internet shopping platforms are programmed miserably, in which case phone contact may be necessary in any event. It is just that address information is most easily typed in, as opposed to laboriously spelled out over the phone...

Anybody have a personal contact at the Samplelist, by any chance?? Email address, perhaps??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
Mike, I too have looked at some of their stuff. Most of the scopes are high priced with too much wear and tear on them for my liking. Their parent company is SWFA and some people like their service and some don't. Count me in the latter category

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sempre - even if it was not exactly a positive customer statement Smiler. Nice to share first hand experience.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
I don't like the way they did Jon at the Opticzone a few years back with their re-directs. Anytime I have called them I get a person of Walmart sporting goods level answer my questions.

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
I have only placed a single order with The Sample List for a Swarovski 3-10x 42mm scope.

The price was good, and the scope was advertised as having perfect lenses, but light ring marks.

They shipped the day after they got payment. When I got it, it was *totally* unmarked -- exactly as new. It also came with some very nice flip up lenscaps and all the original paperwork.

No complaints here.

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They've been very good to me.
I've purchased 4 scopes and 2 pairs of binoculars.
The samplelist binoculars were excellent.
Scopes were all NIB.
They gave me a very fair trade-in value on a scope I had.
Good staff, good merchandise, good shipping.
I will definitely do business with them again.

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
If they are under SWFA I would not deal with them.

I bought a few scopes from SWFA. The thing that turned me against them was I called them on their %110 low price gaurantee 3 times and they didn't even want to talk to me, they were sort of rude and him-hawed around finally telling me we can't match that price, buy it there. I'd call them on their false advertising and they didn't want to talk about it.

Jon and his wife are first class at the optic zone. You can call Jon and he'll give you a honest answer why he can or can't match someone else's price and many times he does. Fast shipping as well.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted Hide Post
They never have the lowest prices everytime I check. Prefer the Optic Zone for scope purchases, good people and reasonable prices. Like Dougs show specials also.

woods

Savage ML'er....... a New Generation Traditionalist....... Thanks to Henry Ball

Posts: 672 | Location: Northern Border Country | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have bought several items from them and SWFA. I always talk to "David". He has given me very accurate descriptions of all the used items and honest fair advice on other purchases. He has talked me out of a few things I asked him about, which to me shows he was being honest instead of just trying to sell me something.
I live in the state just north of them so I usually get my stuff the day after I order it even using standard shipping.
If they have what I want and the price I'll pay I'm more than happy to use them..............................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple of used scopes off their site. I thought they were good deals, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them and they were as advertised. I am happy with what I got. But, like many have said, they are real hit or miss on the phone. Several times they scouldn't even describe the differences between products. Kinda sours one on the experience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've bought 2 swarovski rifle scopes from them and they were excellent. Great scopes and I always got my stuff quick.......wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have bought a Swaro, Leupold and a Kahles. All as advertised, good service and I thought good prices.

Posts: 86 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've bought a couple items off the sample list and a couple more from SWFA. I liked them a lot until they got big (at least in attitude) a few years ago. Since then I've found Bear Basin, Optic Zone and, most recently, Cameraland to be easier to deal with. Ed

Posts: 161 | Location: Seattle - temporarily! | Registered: 04 September 2000Reply With Quote