New
Find
Notify
Tools

New cross hairs for my Remington scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Please no smart remarks like on another forum. If you don't know what a XBR scope happens to be, that I can understand. Just don't say the crosshairs are worth more than the scopes and no I will not throw them in the trash.
I need somebody to install fine cross hairs in 3 of them. Iron Sight is 1 year behind, Wally Siebert has passed, and Parsons has passed and his company is gone or about gone. I am 70 years old and don't know if I will be around tomorrow.
Thanks

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
do a search - year or so ago i posted a long list of scope repair places, perhaps one can help you

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to the Unertl guy and we may be able to do something.

I received these a couple days ago from Jim Stekl, who was Mike Walker's protege at Remington. Jim was the father of the XP pistols. They[scopes] were made in the custom shop in the early 70s. I thought they mounted on the barrel like the Unertls, but these are made to mount on the receiver.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
picture wouldn't come through, but if they are what i think they are you've got a real find. if the guys at unertl will work them over you can well be assured they'll be don 110% right

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ok now i got the picture - they kinda look like the old lyman BV series

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The upper one or the 20X has Unertl rings, the 2-24X had Remington rings. The early ones had Unertl's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
T.K. Lee perhaps...?

or Premier Reticle in Winchester, Virginia. Dick Thomas/ son is running the business these days.

I remember buying my first 40X about forty years ago. $274 from Fred. He wanted $25 more for one of those scopes than he was selling the rifles for.

Dan Lilja got my 24X about twenty years ago.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Always wanted one of those old Rem. Target scopes but since about 20 years or so ago they couldn't be found. How do you like them?

I bet Michael O'Donnell at TK Lee would put a super-fine spider silk in them if you so desired [with no dots), but it'd be the finest fine x-hair around.

www.scopedot.com

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote