New
Find
Notify
Tools

leupold quick release rings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just looked at a vintage scope (Kowa) that has leupold quick release rings that appear to use a weaver type base. any info as to what type base it may use?

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
If these are Leupold QRW rings then they will fit any Weaver style bases. Leupold does make a matching base. I have used them exclusively for many years.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they appear to be as old as scope (50's?) looks like weaver with levers but are marked leupold, anyway I called and said i'd pick it up next week.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Weaver, pic or even stanag rails all work.

Good rings, I use them on my 243 culling rifle and despite the knocks and bumps it's held up like a rock.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those Leupold QRW rings are rock solid and definitely return to zero. The only hiccup I had with them was in Africa and those darn levers caught on everything!
When I returned I switched to Leupold QR's which return very well to zero with much smaller and rounded levers that while they don't snag on much are a bear to release!

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airgun1:
... while they don't snag on much are a bear to release!

Maybe, when TSHTF, our fingers find super-human strength Smiler

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or a Leatherman!

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote