Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaskan Guide Premium Scopes
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone know who makes the Alaskan Guide Premium rifle scopes? They look a little like a Weaver. The regular Alaskan Guide scopes are supposed to be made by Pentax. Has anyone tried the Premium and how are they. Looking for a good repeatable scope. Thanks.

Posts: 39 | Location: Casper, WY | Registered: 18 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Actually, Hakko made them early on, but I have no idea if they still produce them for Cabela's or not. But I can tell you that Pentax does not make them because Pentax does not manufacture any rifle scopes.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
When you say Pentax doesn't manufacture any rifle scopes, do you mean someone else makes them and puts the Pentax name on them? Here is a link to the Pentax scope: http://www.pentaxlightseeker.com/products/scopes/

Also, I believe the "Premium" scopes are relatively new.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Burris manufactures the scopes for Pentax, but their "secret" is not too secret anymore.

As to the premium line, I am not certain; my reference was to the standard Alaskan Guide series and the Pine Ridge lineup.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I think I already knew Burris makes scopes for Pentax. Thanks. Anyone else know anything about the Premium series?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless you can pick up one on some sort of sale , I can't see the Cabelas branded scopes as being a particularly good buy . I'm sure they are an OK scope and Cabelas will stand behind them , but I think you can do better for the money by picking out an equivalent scope from any of the better , middle of the road makers ; Leupold , Burris , Nikon , Bushnell Elite , Weaver Grand Slam

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I was at Cabela's a few years ago and in the bargain Cave I saw a 3-12x52 Cabela's Alaskan Guide scope with 30mm tube. I kept looking at it and finally asked for their rock bottom price on it and the guy blurted out a price, I told him to ask the manager if he would take $120 and they did. The scope was bright and clear but I really didn't like that huge objective and didn't look right or feel good on any of my rifles I tried it on so I gave it to my brother. I looked it over from top to bottom and asked the salesmen who made them but they weren't sure and it wasn't marked in any way to tell.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I know the Premium series is new and they look better than the old scopes. Probably just end up going with a Nikon.