Find
Notify
Tools

An excellent article
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted
Those who would like to read an even-handed scope review (rather than the usual, slavish advertorials) might like to read Chris Bekker's 'Evaluation of Hunting Scopes' in the July/August African Outfitter.

This nine-page article discusses issues involved in current scope technology and compares six/10 products (four well-known makers refused to cooperate on some aspects).

Though the writer may be too young or too well-acquainted with commercial realities to intrude far on the grist for my own mill, I find his knowledge of erector-tube springs and chromatic aspects commendable.

Certain issues could have been discussed further and the bit on exit pupils ignores the paradox of 'twilight values', but this is one of the best articles on scopes I've read in decades.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't read it unless I subscribe. Can you post it here?

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
The magazine was lent to me by a mate (who must subscribe, I suppose). However, since you brought it to my attention, Impala, PM me your address ... Smiler

Posts: 5015 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote