New
Find
Notify
Tools

good quality long range scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am searching for a good quality tactical scope I can shoot out to 1000yards. Does anyone own a SFWA? I have been doing some research and have found reviews comparing them to a night force. Is a huskima(Sp?)really worth the money? At this point I am open to anything with clear crisp glass. I want to keep it around $500-$700 but would spend a little more if need be.
Thanks for your time!
Maty

"It is allways better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are stupid than to open it and prove them right."

Posts: 203 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Take a look at sightron

Posts: 14 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 27 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some say the Vortex Vipers are a good value. I like mine.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with the vortex Viper PST 6.5-24. Half the guys shooting our local precision rifle matches have switched to these scopes. Myself and 3 sons are using them now, having switched from leupold and bushnell elites. In our last match shooting from 500-1200 yds, one son placed 2nd another 4th and myself 6th. Top guy was using Vortex Razor.
Scott

Posts: 418 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I will look into those!

"It is allways better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are stupid than to open it and prove them right."

Posts: 203 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I have several SWFA fixed power scopes, and a 5-20x HD SWFA model. I also have had Sightron SIII and have a Vortex Viper.

The Sightron had great glass, but didn't feel as solid as the SWFAs. The Vortex tracks nice, glass is decent, the field of view seems small.

I really like the SWFA line. Fixed power scopes track great and have loads of adjustment, glass is fair. HD line is just a really good scope.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote