New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell Elite 3200 vs 4200
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How much difference is there between these two Bushnell product lines? Someone told me the 4200s were significantly better b/c Bushnell bought out another (good)company and made their scopes the 4200 line. Is it worth the increase in price? I use a Leupy VX III for my other rifle and like it.

thx

Hunter308

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I've owned two of the 3200s and shot rifles with the 4200 line. I personally don't care for either and feel they recieve too much hype. The 3200s are blurry to my eyes when compared to Nikon Monarch, VX3, and Conquest. The 4200s are alittle better, but still not as clear as the 3 I mentioned.

I'm sure many Bushnell owners will disagree with that opinion. I've compared them side by side to the mentioned 3 and to my eyes they are subpar in clarity.

Back to your question, the optics are better in the 4200.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My experience is different. I have a couple of 4200s and I like them a lot. I believe that the 3200s and 4200s are the latest manifestation of the old Bausch & Lomb Elite 3000 and 4000 lines of scopes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Reloader. I'll have a 4200 for sale soon.

Posts: 40 | Location: Kuna, ID | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Everyones eyes see them differently. I see the Elite lines as being much clearer than my VXIIs or Buckmasters or Fullfield IIs. After one of my 3200s developed problems holding zero and Bushnell checked it as in spec. I've been buying more VXIIs. With Leupold I don't like paying for repairs up front, but at least they'll repair them.

Posts: 339 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote