Find
Notify
Tools

Grandson's BSA
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted
My grandson has a BSA 6.5-20x on his .223 bolt gun. The other day, while out shooting prairie dogs, he tried to make an elevation correction, but hit the same spot. He told me, I don't feel any clicks." I tried it and sure enough, elevation doesn't work. Before I send it back to the factory for him, does anyone know if this is a loosening problem of some sort that just requires me to tighten a screw?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having a BSA scope repaired is somewhat akin to reusing condoms. If it works just once, and for just a little while, count yourself lucky and move on.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
Check the screw in the turret isn't loose.
Failing that I agree with Stonecreek; move on to a better made scope - they work out cheaper in the long run.

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree you can spend more trying to get a cheap scope to work. Buy a good one and it usually goes up in value.

Posts: 3810 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote