New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leica rangefinder binoculars
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are these units worth having or should I have a seperate binocular and rangefinder. If the quality is the same as they are individually then I was thinking of going for it and getting a pair. Has anyone heard much about the 10-42 BRF model? Just looking for some insight on these.
Thanks

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nube, I bought a pair a little over a year ago, just sweet! I was on an antelope hunt and the guide had a pair, just one look and I was sold. I have some very high end bino's, (Swaro EL's, Zeiss FL's) and the Leica optical quality is right at par with them. I have been told that Leica is coming out with riflescopes here in the US, and if they do, I'll be buying a few based on my experience with the 10X42 ranging bino's.

The rangefinding feature works well, and is very accurate, I have compared it against very sophisticated engineering survey equipment that my surveyors use, and it is right on with ranging. If you are going to be in extremely cold weather, keep a fresh battery in them, I actually had mine quit working when it was single digit temps for several days, but when I popped my spare battery in, it came back to life.

I recommend them highly--a gunsmithing friend of mine used mine on the antelope hunt I just got back from, and as soon as we caught up with each other, he said " well great Don, we have an expensive problem" and I replied " yeah, you have to have a pair of those Leica's don't you?"
"Yep that's it!" was his reply.....that says a lot!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you dont have a good pair of binos and a good range finder these are THE WAY TO GO!
I have a pair of 10x42 and love them and they are on par with my 10x42 el's so they are very good glass.

You can't kill them setting on the couch.

Posts: 413 | Location: Roamin' the U.S. for Uncle Sam. | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote