Find
Notify
Tools

Sightron Big Sky
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted
Who has one of these scopes and how would you rate them?

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted Hide Post
I've only talked to two guys that own em' They both say optics are on the order of the conquests and a rainguardlike coating that works. Couple these features with their good tracking and great warranty.....wow they just might sway me away from my conquest fixation!

I'm ready to buy a new scope now and wish there was somewhere around here I could go and actually look thru a big sky scope. Wish they would have went with an etched reticle Wink Thats whats great about Maine......nobody stocks any of the newer scopes to go fondle Confused

woods

Savage ML'er....... a New Generation Traditionalist....... Thanks to Henry Ball

Posts: 672 | Location: Northern Border Country | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm ready to buy a new scope now and wish there was somewhere around here I could go and actually look thru a big sky scope. Wish they would have went with an etched reticle Thats whats great about Maine......nobody stocks any of the newer scopes to go fondle

Same deal here almost impossible to find a Sightron dealer

one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted Hide Post
Yeah you sound like you're in the same boat as me......I'm sure Jon at the optics zone would be a good dealer to buy from but I like to actually see thru a scope before I buy. So many things to check out.....is eye position critical, is the lens sharp and clear to the edges, is eye relief what they advertise, is the duplex too thin...or heavy....or jjjust right. Oh well, can always drive a couple hours south to actually see and hold one Confused

Savage ML'er....... a New Generation Traditionalist....... Thanks to Henry Ball

Posts: 672 | Location: Northern Border Country | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
quote:
jjjust right. Oh well, can always drive a couple hours south to actually see and hold one

I am betting that Cabelas and Basspro start stocking them in the forseeable future. I have been thinking of buying the 3-9x42 and looking thru it and deciding then whether to keep it or send it back. I bought the SIII 8x42 binos a while back because I felt guilty taking Leicas during whitetail deer season and only using them once or twice during the typical hunting day. Side by Side with my Leicas they weren't bad at all after looking at a field for a few straight days the difference was not that great. Either one would have allowed me to see a shootable deer during legal hours.

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Graf & Sons and Lock, Stock, & Barrel will be carrying them as well with better prices. So will Bear Basin.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote